POLLUTION: My office does not have a pest problem and we do not contract with a pest control operator. Am I correct in assuming that this measure is not applicable to my business?

Print Email

Most buildings have a Pest Control Operator (PCO) on contract. If you are a tenant, we ask that you contact your property manager to obtain the name of your Pest Control Operator.  If your PCO is certified by EcoWise certification or Green Shield Certification, please provide the name of your PCO and a copy of the contract that states that they provide services to your facility.

If your PCO is not certified, ask for a letter committing to the use of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices, at least at your business location. The letter must also state that pesticides will be used as a last resort. In such situations, your PCO may only use pesticides approved for use by the City and County of San Francisco. Find information about approved pest management here.

If you do not have a PCO, please have your property management company send you an email (and cc us) certifying that a PCO is not on contract.

If you are a home-based business, you can use the resources available through Northwest Center for Alternatives to Pesticides, the Our Water Our World factsheets to manage pests.

For more information, please visit the Pollution Prevention Resource Guide.

<< Back to FAQs